Leadership Academy Nepal (LAN) is a private initiative that aspires to play a role in addressing human resource challenges in Nepal and the South Asia region. Addressing human resource constraints in priority economic sectors is critical for driving growth and development in the region. LAN in collaboration with Rice University Jones School of Business hopes to set the gold standard as a high-skilled training platform in Nepal and the South Asia region. LAN also provides a hub for fruitful exchanges on human resource development among business leaders. Participants learn from both the innovative and finest faculty, as well as from the wide experience of fellow learners.
Leadership Academy Nepal (LAN) is launching its first round selection of ‘LAN Fellows’. Maximum number of one hundred and fifty (150) fellows will be selected every year as ‘the most outstanding young business leaders’. From among these, a highly select group of upto 10 LAN Scholars will be announced and will receive full scholarship. LAN Fellows are young leaders who already come with excellent academic, professional and personal qualities. The fellowship with LAN for three months will allow them to further sharpen their leadership qualities. Once selected, they will be exposed to world class business strategy, analytics and leadership and personal development courses delivered by Rice Business School Executive Education (currently ranked in the top 10 business programs in the US) and LAN, as well as personalized career counseling by LAN. Once they complete the program, LAN will organize meetings with selected business enterprises that are already LAN partners to find exciting career opportunities for the Fellows. In addition, LAN will monitor their career progression and will continue to provide guidance and support as they grow in their careers.
LAN Fellows will be selected through a highly competitive process as follows:
For those who are current MBA students in LAN partner academic institutions, the process will involve (a) applying internally in the institution, (b) institution will send a short-list of candidates to LAN-Rice Selection Committee, and (c) LAN-Rice Selection Committee will select the top deserving candidates for the fellowship.
For those who already have an MBA, the process will involve (a) applying through the LAN website, and (b) LAN-Rice Selection Committee will select the top deserving candidates for the fellowship.
From among the selected Fellows, a further selection will identify and announce a total of no more than 10 LAN Scholars each year for highest recognition and full waiver of the cost of attendance.
For current MBA students, only specific academic institutions have been pre-approved and are eligible to select and send their short list of candidates for the program. For a list of these institutions, kindly contact us at the emails provided below.
The Fellowship is entirely merit based and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, and sexual orientation.
Fellowship Program Features
LAN Fellowship Program contents are designed and delivered by Rice University and LAN faculty. The following must be completed in order to receive the Rice-LAN Program Certificate.
- Preparation of a one-page career goals and values statement, C.V. and discussion with LAN faculty.
- Successful completion of 3 courses of one month each (total three months) on Business Strategy, Business Analytics, and Leadership (foundational track) delivered by Rice faculty through a blended approach.
- Completion of 10 hours training on personal development, social responsibility, and ethical conduct.
- Participation in 1/2 discussion sessions with business leaders.
- Revision of the one-pager career goals and values statement and C.V. upon completion of program.
Selected Fellows will receive a 50% discount from the standard cost of attendance. Total Program Cost inclusive of all requirements to graduate (incl. of VAT) is NRs. 150,000.00
- Exposure to world class executive education with world class faculty
- Exposure to the case based and other latest pedagogical methods
- Networking with other fellows and corporate employees
- Direct exchanges with CEOs and corporate leaders
- Individualized support for job exploration and placement
- Participation in alumni network
- Rice University Certificate to participants
- Corporations have access to an outstanding talent pool
- Academic Partner institutions benefit from further exposure of their own programs
Contacts for more details on the registration process
Lena Sthapit, Program Coordinator: email@example.com (9849948185) or
Pravakar Pradhan, Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org (9843594582)
Click here for LAN Fellow Application